Monday, January 11, 2010

Hello

I have just finished watching the new Masterpiece Theater's Return to Cranford, it was so very good, always leaving me with the desire to see more. Romance, babies, elegant economies, death, good guys, bad guys, drama and once again a cow in long johns.

I LOVE IT, and so do my kids.

Lila in particular has a real fondness for period drama, funny for a five year old, she once tried to talk the babysitter into watching Jane Eyre, she was also the only three year old I knew that like to watch anything Jane Austin. I love that too. They all like to watch with me and giggle when Mr. Darcy, is on screen. Well it is Mr. Darcy after all.

2 comments:

Paula said...

We loved Cranford, too, Alisha! Make sure you watch "Wives and Daughters" and "North and South", too. You will love them, I'm sure!

Leah said...

Ooh, I need to read Cranford--I try to make it my policy to read something before I watch the movie based on it.:)

I loved Wives and Daughters and North and South. I like Elizabeth Gaskell much better than Jane Austen...too bad she's not so well-known!