Thursday, January 14, 2010

Back to You

I watch the Today show just about every morning. However after this afternoon I might be rethinking that or signing Lila up for junior journalism classes.

I usually record the show and then watch it a couple of hours after it starts, picking and choosing what I want to see. The kids know who Matt and Meredith are and notice when Al or Anne aren't there. Lila in particular asks me where they are, and what they're doing.

Like I would know, because we're all the best of friends.

Today we spent the day today at Papa and Mama's house, escaping the rain at our house in exchange for the blustery rain at theirs. The weather was worse but the company much more fun than just ourselves. We had cabin fever, and needed a change!

After lunch and chasing Papa around for an hour or so , Anya challenged Papa to a game of checkers while Lila found a magnifying glass that looks (to a five year old) like a microphone and started some reporting. It was going for at least twenty minutes when I heard snatches of 'hundreds of tigers were found in the park today in the port city of Baal...back to you Meredith,' and 'there was a fire today in the town of ___ and no one died, however the firemen did not make it... , there were killer caterpillars, what do you think Al?...'

In fact she is still at it now, while I type this, although I have now started to block it out a bit. Her imagination is on full blast and then she is interviewing the family as if they were at the scene.

You just never know what a rainy day might bring.

No comments: