Thursday, January 21, 2010

Friends, They'll Break Your Heart



I helped a friend today taking care of her little guy, he is very sweet and plays well with my kids. We all love him and have fun every time we get together to visit. Annette especially has a fondness for him, he is her BEST friend, and he was here to play for the whole day!


At Sunday school last year he referred to her as my little raccoon, and would pat her on the head, (he likes raccoons and that summer had a raccoon story every time we saw him.)


Everything was going smoothly today, there were no little squabbles to interfere with their fun, until this afternoon when before naps, (by all accounts a tricky time of day for most) a little disagreement took place. Annette insisted too strongly about something and was pushed. No big deal, sorries were said, tears were dried and the playing went on. (this was the ONLY disagreement between any of them the entire day.)


I thought nothing of it until about an hour later when getting Annette (she's three years old) ready for her nap she said: 'J___ pushed me, he doesn't love me any more!' to which I replied: 'you two are friends, sometimes you push or make each other sad, but you are still friends and love each other.' I thought this was a pretty good response and that would cover it. Boy was I wrong! She looked at me and sorrowfully said: 'J__ pushed me and broke my heart, he broke my heart into a thousand tiny little pieces!'


The little drama queen!

2 comments:

Janet said...

That's so cute, it makes me smile every time! I didn't know he called her "Little Raccoon"! I'm glad they can be friends. I think Justin enjoys being a big brother once in awhile!

Thanks again for taking care of Justin. He must have had a good time, he sure was ready for bed after dinner!

Leah said...

That is so cute. I hope next time they have a chance to play Anette can forget her heartbreak...though Justin should learn not to push girls.^^