Sunday, March 14, 2010

Playing Whack-A-Mole


What's going on here?

I have been neglecting this site, however my reason is good as I've been holding very still and recovering from an exhausting and painful game of whack-a-mole. Which is BORING!!!! I have never wanted to scrub toilets or load a dishwasher more.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the dermatologist for my annual mole check. Do you do that? If not make your appointment today!

I started my mole checks after my Dad had some melanoma removed, it runs in the family. So for the past few years I've made the annual trek to one of my favorite doctors. (really she is brilliant, and the mother of three gals as well) My usual visits include a check for abnormal spots, my questions answered and if there are any renegade moles she takes a picture them. (If there is any concern it is nice to have a baseline to compare to.) With this visit I had what my doctor called an active mole, with several things going for it. SO it was better off me than on, and a biopsy would tell us what we need to know.

If you want more information: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/ped_7_1_What_You_Need_To_Know_About_Skin_Cancer.asp
Skin cancer is no joke however if it's caught early enough it's very treatable, annual check ups are an important part of prevention, and treatments.
Have you made that appointment yet? Go ahead do it right now, I'll wait for you...

So I made the appointment and had it removed, and because my doc rocks it was completely removed just in case the biopsy tells us it's more than a mole trying to stand out from the crowd. For now it hurts and for two weeks I can't pick up ANYTHING, moving my back is not allowed. My folks, bless their hearts are retaining order and peace at my house while Paul is at work and then go back home at the end of the day to fall asleep in their soup.

All this because someone called me pastie back in school. I tell you what, if there is one great thing that the vampire genre of books has done that would be to bring good old fashioned pale back, no longer are we called pastie and told to go get a "healthy" glow. The only true glow comes from clean living, a healthy conscious and happy heart. Instead of a tan, for instance, consider a liver cleanse.


All this week I've been looking for something to do from my chair. I've taken advantage of the time catching up on my reading and surfing the Internet. (Sounds more active)
This is what I have been reading, check it out for a quick smile. Also this, this and that.


Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that picture of Lila! i still have that birthday card and was showing it off to a friend the other day. Classic!