Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cleaning Never Hurt Anyone... YET.

I'm feeling the spring clean coming on, so far I have attacked the playroom, made a start at the yard and have my sights on the kitchen.

The kids room scares me. Unfortunately the kids play and deconstruct with gold medal winning skill, really they are amazing in their tenacity and skill. I clean the room (with their "help") but somehow it only lasts for a hour or so. I went through last week and started weeding through their stuff and have removed quite a bit, but I know I can do more. I'm pretty sure the toys and socks breed while I'm not looking and I need Olympian determination if I ever want to win the war of the girls room. It fights back and it fights dirty.

What's a mommy to do, call for backup? Grandma? No, she's too smart, she will cheer from the sidelines and give advice as the veteran of many wars, but get directly involved? "NO WAY, NOT ON YOUR LIFE!" And who can blame her, children's rooms have been known to make even the strongest mother weep in fear, terror and exhaustion. Daddy? No, you need help not a partner in crime.

It comes down to this (at least for me) use Daddy or Grandma, let them take the little mess makers for a while and dig in while they're out. Play some loud music, keep the chocolate at the ready and FIGHT, Fight, Fight!

Pray for me, I think I'll tackle the laundry room tomorrow.

No comments: