Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Snow In June



My Children.

You would never know by looking at them, that these sweet little things could cause such havoc, and bring a chill down the spine of their mother. Yes, kids are known to create the occasional messes here and there, to be picked up quickly before naps and bedtime. But what I'm talking about is the atomic bomb kind of mess that happens fast, and when you're least expecting it.

It all started when I decided to clean out our laundry room. Nothing had really happened to organize this space since we moved in, besides the quick clean for sanitary purposes we had been giving it. This was our least remembered room, and in a fit of desperation for space and organization to bring peace and clarity to my laundry time, I dug in. Little did I know so did the kids. All three of them playing for all they were worth, and never once looking back, or putting anything away. The little darlings had a really good time. Well, I did get the laundry room clean and much more functional; now all I have to do is plan my strategy well and hope I can finish the playroom by morning. My mother has a plaque on her wall the says: "Cleaning the house while children are growing, is like shoveling the walk while its still snowing." In my case it can feel like a blizzard, but that's OK, because I know when I was a little girl there was nothing better than the occasional snow storm. Just like clean is good for the soul, a little mess is good for the spirit.

I'll be back, but for now I have to find the baby.

Alisha

No comments: