Friday, June 6, 2008

Changing the World, One Diaper at a Time

Hello, I have a new way to find my blog @ mybeautifulzoo.com. Paul, my husband and head Lion at the zoo, made the link with the intent to add it to his business web site: http://shinebydesign.com/.

A little info about my zoo: We are a family of five. Dad is as mentioned before the lion of the family, I am head zoo keeper, and all that entails. We have three beautiful little girls, Anya a giraffe, Lila the monkey, and our little koala bear Annette, all sweet, funny and very busy. Ages six, three, and 18 months.
This past year has been a fun one. I am a teacher who "retired" to start a family, and just downsize to a smaller class size of diverse age, and needs. My class goes everywhere with me. I mean that quite literally as most mothers can attest, how many of us have had an interrupted shower or bathroom break? We have classes in everything: from the basic three R's, to cooking classes for all ages, car detailing, art, gardening, child care, decorating, religion and politics. You get the idea. Our kids are our life, teaching them is what we do, with some very funny results... After talking about the stars one day, how to find the big dipper etc. Lila our three year old said: "Look mommy, I see the big diaper!".
It is so exciting to see them learn; I had a thrill when Anya read her first book to me, and with Lila learning her letter sounds we are well on our way to another reader. I look forward to the day they join me in our own Jane Austin book club. I already have them hooked on the movies.

More to come later, but the zoo calls.

Alisha

No comments: