Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Swimming Laps Around Mother

I could use a nap,  I'll bet if you are a mother reading this you could use one too.  My kids on the other hand are tough, they have the stamina of  an Olympic athlete.
 Recently the girls started swimming lessons and I told Lila if she just listened to her teacher and did exactly what Miss Kerri said she could win a metal at the next summer Olympics.  I wasn't kidding she could!   The energy alone would win the race, and could easily power our house if I was smart enough to find a way to hook her up to treadmill, I know she could exhaust Michael Phelps.  (Bless her swimming instructor, she is teaching the kid that when asked to do something and gives me a look that is pure Clint Eastwood and  says "Make my day.")  

Annette was so excited about swim lessons she had her goggles, new suite and a 'lets get this show on the road' attitude to get her started, and everything was going well until that little boy let go of the side when the teacher wasn't looking.   He survived but between his mother's reaction and his screams (Evidently this was not his first "attempt" at swimming lessons his mother later told the teacher.)  Netta took one look at what was unfolding around her and started crying herself, refusing to re-enter the pool.   We, another instructor and I, talked her down and she finished the lesson.  The next lesson she wouldn't even sit on the stairs until I took away her goggles, she had to show Mommy she would swim if she wanted them back.  Boy did she, with steely determination she plunged into the pool, floated on her back and blew some bubbles in the water just to prove her point.  She had her goggles back!

No comments: