Monday, January 19, 2009

Fred the Cat: Post Script

Another cat story,  I promise the last one for awhile, its really about some of the people in my life but without the cat there would be no story.

After church on Sunday we came home to beautiful weather and after putting the two youngest girls to bed for naps, Anya and Paul decided to go on a bike ride.  Great, thought I this is my moment for a little quiet time and proceeded to enjoy my day.   Little did I know the drama to come my way.  
There I was sitting quietly on the sofa when in comes Anya agitated and distraught and Paul was close behind feeling about the same way.  Well it turns out that while on the bike ride they were enjoying they saw a sign looking for a lost cat. Anya and Paul told me it has a stripey tail and it looks just like Fred.  I  thought that sounded great we could help Fred find his home.  But they were both upset and didn't really want to lose the cat, but agree calling the owner was the right thing to do.  Then it was time to get everyone ready for evening church and I didn't give it another thought in the hubbub of herding our family.  Paul however was still thinking about losing Fred and on the way to church took a detour and brought me to the sign in a neighboring street
  So while my family sat waiting for me to give the verdict, was it Fred , I went to look at the sign.  When I returned to the car I found them all (OK Annette had no idea what was going on) holding their collective breaths:  I announced OK folks its not Fred unless Fred was covered in stripes from head to tail and I missed something that was definitely not him.
   I haven't seen Paul that relieved in a long time, he still had his cat. 

No comments: